The QLogic 2670 Series Gen 5 (16Gb) Fibre Channel Adapters boast industry-leading native Fibre Channel performance—achieving dual-port, line-rate, 16Gbps Fibre Channel throughput—at extremely low CPU utilization with full hardware offloads. Gen 5 Fibre Channel resolves data center complexities by enabling a storage network infrastructure that supports powerful virtualization features, application-aware services, and simplified management. This provides a next generation storage networking infrastructure capable of supporting the most demanding virtualized and cloud-enabled environments while fully leveraging the capabilities of high-performance Gen 5 Fibre Channel and SSD storage. These features help reduced cost and complexity, while the unmatched 16 Gbps performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in today’s powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers.
The QLogic 2670 Series Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters have the unique capability of transforming from a 16Gb Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter to a 10GbE Converged Network Adapter that supports NIC, FCoE, and iSCSI traffic. Based on QLogic’s I/OFlex technology, the adapter’s flexibility simplifies and reduces cost for customers who want to deploy a Fibre Channel SAN today and migrate to an Ethernet SAN in the future. In addition, support for powerful virtualization features make this adapter ideal for virtualized environments that need excellent I/O performance to service growing numbers of virtual machines (VMs).
- 16Gbps Fibre Channel per port maximum throughput for high bandwidth storage area network (SAN) traffic
- Over 1.2 million IOPS reduce latency in high transaction intensive applications and virtualized environments
- High availability, port isolation architecture for 100% predictable, deterministic & scalable performance
- Decreased power and cooling costs by using the fewest PCI Express lanes in PCIe Gen3 environments
- Overlapping protection domains (OPD) to ensure a high level of reliability as data moves to and from the PCI bus and Fibre Channel network
- Superior port protection with unique “Port-Isolation” architecture for the highest reliability and scalability
- Two times better than 8Gb Fibre Channel for OLTP & 35% better in data warehousing environments
- Reliability, availability, and scalability with I/OFlex future-proof design enabling conversion to a 10GbE Converged Network Adapter